According to a study done in 2005, the average cost of a wedding tops $30,000! If you're a celebrity, that barely even covers the cost of your gown.
A recent list made by Forbes ranked the top 20 most expensive celebrity weddings and we've got the rundown for you. You can check out Forbes complete list with photos here.
1. Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban Their down home wedding took place at a cliff-top Roman Catholic Church in Kidman's home town of Sydney, Australia on June 25, 2006. The Oscar-winning Kidman wore a flowing Balenciaga gown and veil and guests were treated to Tiffany clocks (valued at $350 each) engranved with the words "A Moment in Time".
Rundown of Costs: Party Favors - $80,500 Rolls Royce Limos - $5,000 Balenciaga Gown and Veil - $20,000 Total Estimated Costs - $250,000
2. Marc Anthony & Dayanara Torres After a spur of the moment Vegas wedding in May 2000, the couple decided to renew their vows in San Juan's nearly 500 year old Cathedral in December 2002.
Rundown of Costs: Reem Acra Buchesse Gown - $30,000 Platinum Wedding Bands - $20,000 Estimated Total Costs - $500,000
3. Tommy Mottola & Mariah Carey It was a wedding fit for a princess when Mariah Carey walked down the aisle with former Sony Music exec Tommy Mottola in June 1993. The couple married at the St. Thomas Episcopal Church on Manhattan's Fifth Avenue. Mariah was so inspired by the late Princess Diana that she modeled her wedding after that of the late princess with Prince Charles. From her off-the-shoulder gown, to the 27-foot-long train, to the heirloom replica tiara, Carey looked the part of a princess.
Rundown of Costs: Vera Wang Gown - $25,000 Bridal Shoes - $1,000 Total Estimated Costs - $500,000
4. Dario Franchitti & Ashley Judd Married in December 2001 at Skibo castle in Scotland, Judd and Franchiti wanted nothing more than a private, intimate affair. It comes as no surprise that the biggest expense was security. The couple rented out all 40 rooms at the Castle at an estimated cost of $35,000/night for 5 nights to ensure their privacy.
Rundown of Costs: Rooms - $175,000 Champagne (almost 100 bottles of laron perrier brut) - $30,000 Armani Gown - $20,000 Total Estimated Costs - $750,000
5. David Beckham & Victoria Adams Married in July 1999 at Luttrellstown Castle near Dublin, the famous footballer and former Spice Girl wanted a wedding fit for a king and queen. The 'royal' atmosphere include red velvet thrones and trumpeters to greet the guests, who were instructed to wear black or white. The night ended with a spectacular fireworks display lighting up the night.
Rundown of Costs: Castle Rental - $100,000 Vera Wang Gown - $100,000 Bridal Jewelry - $160,000 Wedding Rings - $200,000 Total Estimated Costs - $800,000
6. Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston Dubbed the wedding of the year, Hollywood's most beautiful couple wed on July 29, 2000 at the Malibu estate of TV producer Marcy Carsey. The couple wanted nothing more than privacy and paid a pretty penny for it. It's reported that each member of the wedding staff had to sign a $1 million dollar confidentiality agreement. The wedding had a Zen Garden feel to it with more than 50,000 flowers and and white candles illuminating the reception tent. Unfortunately, even, but not without it's problems. The caterers ran out of food and had to run out for more and the cake melted in the heat and had to be reconstructed at the last minute.
Rundown of Costs: Security - $100,000 Lobster and Champagne - $300,000 Lawrence Steele Halter Gown - $50,000 Groom's Tux - $4,000 Total Estimated Costs - $1 million
7. Tori Spelling & Charlie Shanian This 1920's Great Gatsby themed wedding took place at the her father's 56,000 square foot mansion (dubbed the 'The Manor') in July 2004. The bride wore a flapper-inspired, full-length, white gown adorned with intricate beadwork and a diamond encrusted flower patterned headband attached to a veil. Her pups, including Mimi La Rue, made an appearance in full wedding regalia as the flowergirl and ring bearer. According to 90210 co-star Jennie Garth, it was the most beautiful wedding she had even seen.
Rundown of Costs: Badgley Mischka Gown - $50,000 Flowers - $100,000 Wedding Rings - $100,000 Total Estimated Costs - $1 million
8. Donald Trump & Melania Knauss The real estate mogul and model married at Bethesda by the Sea Episcopalian Church in Palm Beach, FL in January 2005. The bride's gown was the talk of the wedding, having posed for the February cover of Vogue magazine, which hit stands before the wedding. The strapless Christian Dior gown, made from 300 feet of satin beaded with 1,500 crystals, weighted an estimated 50 pounds and took approximately 1,000 hours to create. After the ceremony, 100 limos transported guests from the church to the grand ballroom of Trumps' $42 million Mar-a-Lago estate. The ballroom, modeled after the palace of Versailles with 24k gold trim, hosted 500 guests from Katie Couric to Rudy Giuliani to Shaquille Oneal. Celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten and hist team of 45 chefs catered, while the 36-piece Michael Rose Orchestra provided the music. Add in the cost to transport flowers (reportedly $10k), hundreds of bottles of champagne ($650/each) and a 5 foot tall wedding cake weighting over 200lbs and you've got a wedding fit for NY royalty.
Rundown of costs: Flowers - $500,000 Caviar - $18,000 Christian Dior Gown - $125,000 Crystale Champagne - $250,000 Total Estimated Costs - $1 million
Outdoor weddings can be beautiful, memorable moments for both the wedding party and the families involved. Outdoor wedding receptions can also bring treasured memories that will be talked about for years to come. To pull off a great outdoor wedding reception, planning must take a priority and several key parts taking center stage.
Shade And Shelter
The most important part of your outdoor wedding reception, doesn’t start with food, chairs, tables, music, flowers, or anything else that you would want to put a lot of time into. The most important thing to make sure you have on hand is some sort of shelter or shade. Sun and rain can both ruin your outdoor wedding reception. Too much sun and it’s too hot and the food can spoil. Rain will instantly stop any outdoor festivities. Outdoor party tents are great for this and can be found at most rental stores for a reasonable cost.
Catering And Servers
Once you know that everything will be protected from the elements, then you can think of food. Caterers are busy all year round and waiting until the last minute can severely dampen your outdoor wedding reception.
Tables And Chairs
You have the shelter, and you know food will be there… now it’s time to find tables and chairs to sit at. Round tables make the best reception tables as it allows everyone at the table to talk. Plastic folding chairs - with padding - is the best choice. Weddings are for the entire family and elderly family members will need a comfortable place to enjoy it.
Band And Emcee
If not a band, then a DJ. However, entertainment of some kind should be next on your list. Make sure they know it is outside so they can make arrangements for the sound and protection of their equipment. An emcee is also important. Someone with a great voice and enthusiasm should be contacted.
No wedding reception is complete without the wedding cake. Outdoor wedding receptions, however, do require cake designers and bakers to take extra precautions. They should know you are planning an outdoor reception.
And outdoor wedding reception can be a lovey time for everyone involved. Great planning will help with the overall experience. Take time in the planning and make sure the above points are covered first.